A new ship for Heligoland
Our new catamaran for Heligoland is an absolute premium product and impresses with its modern design, comfortable seafaring behavior and groundbreaking technology.
From 2018, the new building will replace the well-known and popular "Halunder Jet" on the journey from Hamburg via Wedel and Cuxhaven to Helgoland.
The 56.4m long newbuilding has been specially developed for Heligoland traffic and can carry up to 692 passengers, who can look forward not only to the generous sundecks but also to the comfortable journey.
With a speed of 35 kn and a state-of-the-art motion damping system, the journey across the open North Sea is a fast and comfortable maritime experience even at rough sea.
Unser neuer Katamaran für Helgoland
You new Heligoland experience
Come on board and experience the new catamaran for Heligoland!
On two decks there is pace for up to 692 passengers. The passenger area has larger panoramic windows and an atrium for bright, light flooded salons and we will poil you with food and beverages served at your seat. Each seat has a USB port for convenient charging of mobile devices.
Don't miss the extraordinarily generously designed open spaces on the newbuilding. In addition to the open spaces on the rear upper deck as on the "Halunder Jet", the newbuilding has additional seating on the sundeck on the so called bridge deck. The passenger can enjoy a great 360-degree view of the Elbe and the North Sea. Compared to "Halunder Jet" the open spaces have increased by a total of six times.
The Comfort Class also has its own VIP balcony.
- 20 % mores seats
- 228 qm suddeck on the upper and bridge deck (Compared to "Halunder Jet" the open spaces have increased by a total of six times.)
- VIP Balkony for Comfort Class guests
- 4-zone air-conditioning system
- comfortable seats with USB port
- storage compartments above the middle seat rows
- optimally designed for the needs of passengers with reduced mobility
- Larges freigt and storage room
- Cooling room down to -15°
Lived fist-class service
- state-of-the-art design
- latest technology
- seat reservation
- no embarking and disembarking into small boats on Heligoland, ship goes straight into the port
- State-of-the-art passenger information system
- comfortable journey even in rough sea
- Motion Damping System
- for bright, light flooded salons
- F&B services at each seat
- experienced crew
From the very beginning we will show the building process on a weekly basis.
Soon on our website.
AUSTAL - the yard we trust
AUSTAL is one of the world’s most prestigious and leading shipbuilders in the construction of high-speed catamarans and ferries made of aluminium. We are looking forward to a good cooperation.